Marcus Donald are currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to join the commodities division of a Fortune 500 company at their Downton Houston, TX offices on a contract to hire basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Application support analyst with strong experience in Linux and Java environment to work on a new application being rolled out through the organization in the coming months.
- Resolving logged IT incidents in order to restore service as quickly as possible using application specific technical knowledge. Escalation of tickets to other technical teams as required
- Responding to logged service requests, account administration, software installations and general application and server administration.
- Management of major incidents via conference call, email and instant messaging systems. Composing and sending major incident notifications to business partners.
- Dealing with escalations in a timely manner to ensure issue is resolved to business Partner’s expectations.
- Composing technical knowledge base documents to be used within the team
- Working with external vendors to resolve service related incidents
- Provide real-time server support to the daily Market on Close process as well as participating on the associated conference call.
Key Skills Required:
- Good understanding of ITIL methodology
- Knowledge of troubleshooting & supporting applications running on Linux
- 2 years minimum previous application development skills in Java
- Webservers either
- Windows IIS
- Linux apache, and Weblogic (preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL Query language
- Experience supporting Virtual Servers (VMWare) and Cloud computing (AWS)
If you feel this is a suitable role and would like to find out more, please contact Ellie from Marcus Donald or alternatively, apply through this advert.