Oracle Database Administrator – Microsoft SQL – 6 Month Contract
Marcus Donald are currently looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to work in London for our client in the private healthcare industry.
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) - Microsoft SQL Server is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of database and applications.
Responsibilities of the Oracle Database Administrator:
- Evaluates existing systems and defines and documents database requirements.
- Experience with SQL coding and tuning
- Experience with shell scripting and automation
- Perform optimisation, fine-tuning, and scaling for mission-critical production systems.
- Maintains and enhances database performance by: tuning values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing routine and ad hoc database maintenance requirements and evaluating/recommending operating systems and hardware products that may improve database performance.
- Write clear and concise status reports, memos, and miscellaneous items such as test results, problem resolutions, etc. Write detailed technical specifications.
Key skills of the Oracle Database Administrator:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of relevant database administration experience
- Demonstrated DBA experience using MS SQL
- Expertise in SQL Server versions 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL Server
- Oracle or Microsoft DBA certification.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, ReQlogic, Management Reporter, IDBS and/or CRM
If you feel this is a suitable role and you would like to find out more, please contact Akin or alternatively apply through this advert.